Join Our Team
At Spitfire, our strategy is simple. We hire the smartest and most passionate people we can find, who know communications inside out and who care about social change. If you fit this description, we want to see your resume.
Why should you consider joining Spitfire?
We’re a national firm with a great reputation. We do meaningful work for the most interesting and inspiring public interest clients out there. What’s more, we’re a group of creative, diverse and down-to-earth people. We work hard, but we have fun doing it. And to attract the best employees, we offer a solid salary and benefits package.
Director of West Coast Operations - San Francisco, CA
Spitfire Strategies is seeking a director of west coast operations. The position's primary responsibilities include running an account team based in Spitfire’s San Francisco office, identifying and cultivating West Coast-based clients, running day-to-day operations of the San Francisco office and taking an active role in the overall management of the firm.
- Minimum of 15 years public relations, public affairs agency, Foundation or related experience with at least five years of management experience.
- Must demonstrate superior writing, editing and public speaking skills.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree.
Positions offer competitive pay and benefits packages.
To apply for a position, please e-mail a resume and cover letter noting salary requirements. Submissions must note position and include salary to be considered. No phone calls please.
Vice President - Washington, DC
Spitfire seeks senior player with strong communication skills and project management experience to join our team.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree and minimum of 12 years public relations, public affairs agency, Hill or related experience plus experience working with nonprofits and/or foundations working on positive social change issues.
- Minimum of two years project management experience required.
- Successful candidate possesses superior writing and editing skills and strong familiarity with state and federal political process.
Positions offer competitive pay and benefits packages.
Vice President - San Francisco, CA
Spitfire Strategies is seeking a Vice President for our San Francisco office. Headquartered in Washington, DC, Spitfire is a national communications and campaign firm focused on helping nonprofits and foundations reach their social change goals. We’re the folks who helped advocates at the state and national levels secure SCHIP reauthorization as one of the first measures to pass across President Obama’s desk for signing. We have also helped our clients protect consumers from bad credit card practices, guarantee more kids get a healthy lunch, put strong environmental protections in place in the Gulf Coast, ensure you can continue to enjoy fish in the oceans and on your plate, and get all Americans access to quality health care and a good education – just to name a few. Spitfire also helps clients strengthen their positioning among important audiences, drive targeted behavior changes and build their own capacity to use communications to support their work.
Qualified candidates must have:
- A bachelor’s degree and minimum of 12 years public relations, public affairs, Hill, policy, nonprofit, foundation or related experience;
- Experience working with nonprofits and foundations and extensive network of contacts in the field, particularly on the West Coast;
- Extensive experience managing all aspects of a project or account, including strategy and implementation as well as budget and client satisfaction;
- Superior writing and editing skills;
- Outstanding speaking skills and an ability to win over a crowd instantly;
- Working knowledge of the state and federal political process;
- A reputation as a self starter who plays well with others but takes charge when needed;
- Familiarity with a variety of communication channels – from print outlets to digital media – and an ability to put together smart strategies for how to use these to advance clients’ goals;
- A history of successfully managing mid- and junior-level staff and helping them develop their skills and advance in their positions; and
- A willingness to travel.
A successful candidate will demonstrate proven creative talents, providing examples of developing strategy and messaging for successful campaigns and a track-record of success at turning even the most challenging situations into big wins. We’re looking for someone who can visualize the big picture and then dig in to help make that vision a reality. This position will:
- Manage a small team in San Francisco;
- Lead multiple West Coast-based accounts and support other firm projects as needed;
- Pursue new business opportunities and help grow Spitfire’s presence on the West Coast;
- Lead sessions for Spitfire’s communications capacity-building trainings; and
- Be part of Spitfire’s senior management team.
Spitfire Strategies is looking for a talented staff accountant/analyst to join its Washington, DC-based team.
- Responsibilities include: Accounts Receivable/Billing, financial support to project managers, account reconciliations, financial analysis, reporting, and other duties.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in accounting and 0-2 years of experience.
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- A dedicated and proactive work ethic.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Prior experience in Quickbooks a plus, but not required.
Position offers competitive pay and benefits package in a downtown DC, Metro-accessible office.
By A Web Design